Who Is A Good Candidate For Hormone Replacement?
- Men and women who have symptoms of hormonal imbalance with no other underlying cause should talk to their physician about their hormone levels. These symptoms include weight gain, belly fat, loss of muscle mass, low libido, fatigue, mood changes and digestive problems. In many cases, hormonal loss is related to mid-life changes, but environmental conditions, e.g., exposure to pollution and toxins, can have a great impact on hormonal levels in our bodies.
Does Hormone Replacement Work For Both Men And Women?
- Yes. Almost three-fourths of our patients are women, especially those who are menopausal, but men also experience loss of hormones. The male menopause, known as andropause, can affect men’s physical and mental health, causing a variety of symptoms, including loss of sex drive, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, weight gain, irritability and depression.
What Is The First Step In The Hormone Replacement Process?
- Before any hormone replacement therapy can begin, we must know your current hormone levels, so the first step is to take a thorough assessment of your hormonal levels with a simple blood test.
Why Are Bioidentical Hormones Preferred Over Synthetic Hormones?
- While both are made in a pharmaceutical laboratory, the way in which they are metabolized in the body differs. The body recognizes the molecular structure of the bioidentical hormone, but not the synthetic hormone, and many medical professionals believe that is why there are a host of negative side effects and risk factors associated with synthetic hormones.
What is Pellet Therapy?
- Pellet therapy refers to one of the most effective means of hormone replacement available today. The pellets, which are larger than a grain of rice but smaller that a Tic Tac, are formulated to contain the right formula of bioidentical hormones to meet your specific needs. They are placed under the skin in the lower abdominal wall or the upper buttocks, where they completely dissolve over time as they release the hormones you need. Used in both men and women, the pellets are convenient and avoid fluctuations of hormone levels that other forms of hormone delivery.
Are There Side Effects Associated With Bioidentical Hormones?
- There are no negative side effects with bioidentical hormones. You will experience only positive effects as your physical health and well-being improve.
How Long Does It Take To See Results With Bioidentical Hormones?
- In about two to four weeks, you will notice more of a feeling of well-being, improved mood, more energy, greater libido and increased moisture in your skin. At work internally is protection against cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, Type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and visceral fat.